Everyone benefits from living up to LEED® standards
Pike 3400 has applied for LEED for Building Design and Construction: Homes certification at the Silver level, and below are some of the ways we’re getting there.
- LOCATION: within close proximity to open space, such as the Walter Reed Community Center, and located within ½ mile of community resources
- SUSTAINABLE SITES: trees, shrubs and groundcover planted as permanent erosion controls, special roofing material installed on 75% of the roof surface to reduce roof heat island effects
- ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION: close proximity to public transit services and access to an on-site bicycle storage room for 111 bikes promote a car-free lifestyle
- INDOOR ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY: 100% smoke-free building allows for healthier, cleaner air indoors
- WATER EFFICIENCY: ENERGY STAR® appliances and high-efficiency fixtures help limit water and energy waste
- MATERIALS & RESOURCES: building materials locally sourced whenever possible to reduce transportation pollution and costs, low-VOC paint reduces exposure to airborne toxins and pollutants